- Guaranteed acceptance means no medical questions or tests are required for coverage. Flexibility to use the benefit money to address out-of-pocket-expenses like transportation and meals for family members, help with child care, or time away from work.
- Ability to keep your coverage if you leave your employer (with certain stipulations)
- Offered by a leading hospital indemnity insurance provider: Voya Employee Benefits
- This is designed to complement your comprehensive medical plan insurance. It is not a replacement for medical insurance.
Your employer offers you the opportunity to purchase the following coverage:
- Hospital— $100 OR $200 per day, up to 30 days per confinement.
- Critical care unit (CCU)— $200 or $400 per day, up to 15 days per confinement.
- Rehabilitation facility— $50 or $100 per day, up to 30 days per confinement.
*A hospital does not include an institution or part of an institution used as: a hospice care unit; a convalescent home; a rest or nursing facility; a free-standing surgical center; a rehabilitative center; an extended care facility; a skilled nursing facility; or a facility primarily affording custodial, educational care, or care or treatment for persons suffering from mental diseases or disorders, or care for the aged, or drug or alcohol addiction. “Critical care unit” and “rehabilitative facility” are specifically defined in this policy. See the certificate for details.
Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance is a limited benefit policy. It is not health insurance and does not satisfy the requirement of minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
How it works